Goodbye 2013

12/31/2013 § 20 Comments

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’m just an empty cardboard tube, all used up.  Nothing left to offer.  Just memories of when I was a full roll and had all that potential.  It all went so fast.  Tomorrow they’ll replace me, and I’ll end up on the dustbin of history.  I just wish I had ordered that camera.

SHARE THIS with someone who needs a laugh! Click here to comment!

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

§ 20 Responses to Goodbye 2013

Ah, yes the pre-digital days, when we shot memories till we used up the roll. Sent it in for developing and patiently waited to see if we captured a Kodak moment or just got a snap-shot that was cr****. 😀
    John , may you & your family have a New Year full of wondrous moments to add to your book of memories. 🙂

• And a Happy New Year to you and yours, Joe. I remember not wanting to take more than 2 or 3 of the same shot to save film. Now I think nothing of taking a dozen shots. My blog would certainly not exist without digital photography.

• dhphotosite says:

You put a nice spin on things John. Happy New Year to you and your family/! All the best in the future!!!

• theresamits says:

I think it’s all about a story to tell. 🙂 Best wishes for a peaceful, wonderful New Year, John.

But look how much weight you lost! Some still have rolls on them to slim down. Ah! a New Years Resolution is born! Happy New Year!

• Al says:

The end of a crap year, now it’s gone down the pan and all flushed out.

Have a great 2014 John. Thank you for bringing humour into our lives throughout 2013. I have enjoyed your posts.

• Happy New Year, Al! As one of the most frequent visitors to Graffville, you have a bench named after you in the town square.

• Al says:

Haha 😀 Have a great night, a great celebration and a great 2014. I look forward to more humour or humor or hummus .. okay, maybe not hummus maybe “who? ma?” Okay, not it’s being silly

• randomrose says:

Congratulations John, just goes to show you a roll is never empty till the fat lady sings…have I got the right saying there?…or is it the fat lady sings when the roll empty?… or …

• Happy New Year, faithful followers! I’m glad we’ve met!

• randomrose says:

If it is any comfort to you at all I would just like to say you are a great comfort to us…Happy New Year you look like you are on a roll…

• You might be right, Rosemary. WP notified me that already today (6:00 a.m.) I have surpassed my record for most new followers in one day, gaining 6 while I slept.

• renegade4god says:

You’re on a roll, John. Besides, the job is never really complete until the paperwork is finished. Is there an Honor Roll for academicians such as yourself who have earned a place on one?

• such a lonely looking object…

You are currently reading Goodbye 2013 at The Daily Graff.