A Little Side-Splitting Humor

01/01/2015 § 17 Comments

2014_12_24 Chicago Macy's_Exterior

As a department store, I got so excited over the New Year that trumpets burst from my side and began rejoicing.  I have already been ticketed for construction without a permit and a noise-ordinance violation, and I have to appear in court on Monday for disturbing the peace.

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

§ 17 Responses to A Little Side-Splitting Humor

• toddfisk says:

He’s a really angry building. Assigning gender and human characteristics to inanimate objects is one of my favorite things ever!

• That’s the whole point of this blog! After doing this for 4 years, I can’t look at “things” without imaging what they’re saying!

• Oh for the love of a large city at Christmas time. I always thought Chicago was grand. But, then I particularly love almost any city in Germany, Austria, Greece and by all means – Rome is definitely a wonderful place to be – – – however, there’s no place like home when it comes to Christmas. Some of my favorite childhood memories for Christmas include our parents taking us to Wichita, to see all the lights and to see the Macy Department Store window displays. Truly awesome to a 5-10 yr old Kansas farm girl.

• You’ve answered the question I posed earlier. Sounds like you’ve been to the Chicago store I’ve featured all week.

• One Christmas long ago when I was very young and a new widow, I flew to Chicago and asked the city to take care of me that week, and she did. I couldn’t stand to be around a bunch of people saying, “I’m so sorry for your loss,,” and having no idea what it was like to be 21 and a widow. I roamed the city that week and never once did it disappoint me.

• Al says:

What a blast

• Marianne says:

Funny! 🙂

The corner clocks actually have audio and video cameras that will be submitted as court evidence. Illegal trumpeting can be trumped by law!

• Ken Oprzadek says:

As a compartment store, I got so dejected over the New Year that crumpets burst from my side and began rehearsing. I have already been picketed for destruction without a hermit and a voice-ordinance volition,
    and have to appear in court Monday for distributing the piece of happiness in this New Year. Happy New Year to all.

• Your comments are often so well-wrought that it is one of the great mysteries of (my) life which ones are from K and which ones are from C. If you are particularly proud of your reply, you might add “–C.” or “–K.” at the end. (Some obvious GUY comments I know are “Ken.”) Happy New Year to you BOTH!

• NotAPunkRocker says:

It’s frowned upon to toot one’s horn, much less several of them!

Happy New Year to you!

• There’s something unnatural and disturbing about that decor. Reminds me of molds spores bursting open on old bread.

You are currently reading A Little Side-Splitting Humor at The Daily Graff.