Maybe He Needs the Dough

04/04/2016 § 20 Comments

Ravioli 1
Ravioli 2
Ravioli 3
Ravioli 4

So, now that he’s brought us all together, we’re in agreement.  Anyone who would make his own ravioli has waaaaaaay too much time on his hands.

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

§ 20 Responses to Maybe He Needs the Dough

• Al says:

Did your pastor teach you or did you learn on your own? You should ravioli in your own glory for making them. Okay, the puns were clinging on to the edge and only barely there lol.

I’ve been thinking about getting a spaghetti maker recently. Those ravioli ones look cool. Might have to look into one of those as well 🙂

• The recipes that came with the pasta machine were all in metric measurements,* so I bought a U.S.
      pasta cookbook with LOTS of step-by-step photos. Usually I use the machine to make homemade noodles (it has an attachment that cuts the sheets of dough into noodles).

*Did the Mother Country make the jump to metric?

• Al says:

We are still in the process of changing. I think by the next generation we will have changed fully although I don’t think we will ever change from kph and stay as mph.

• aFrankAngle says:

Gotten your share of fill after rolling in the dough?

By the way, in the future, consider a chocolate dough and a raisin-nuts fill.

I see you are on a ravioli roll. You could spread out your culinary talents for the world to see. 🙂

That is very labour intensive work – you could get carpellini wrist syndrome. Reminds me of my poor mother preparing pierogi ( we now purchase the Chemo Home Style Frozen – great on the BBQ).

We got got ourselves a electric pasta maker for Christmas. So far, we stuck with the noodles, but makes a huge difference for the kneading and extruding portion of the activity ( some how this sounds a lot more naughty when I write it down. 😀 ).

• I don’t often make pasta this way, because t IS labor intensive. I’ve had the ravioli accessory for YEARS but had never used it. Made enough ravioli in one afternoon for 2 meals for the family.

• Jim Hoefler says:

I went pasta the 4 steps and am ready for the finished product.

• Ken Oprzadek says:

Chef Boyardee better watch out. John, You could give him a run for his
    money.

• Ken Oprzadek says:

Not exactly something you whip up for that late night snack during the commercials.

• Started in the afternoon with the idea that it would be that night’s supper. Took so long ( to make 5 dozen) that it had to be for supper the following night.

• renegade4god says:

At least he’s filling his noodle with positive food for thought. Maybe he could package in the items posted at “I didn’t have my glasses on.”

You are currently reading Maybe He Needs the Dough at The Daily Graff.