A Beginning and THE END

06/02/2017 § 20 Comments

A BEGINNING: The feature you have come to know as the “Weekend Postcards” will continue (starting July 1) as “This Week’s Wisdom” on my new, eclectic, WEEKLY blog:

TheAfterGraff.com

If you want to see what I’ll be up to (after a month off), you can go there now to check out the layout or to subscribe, but I will post a reminder here when the posts start on the new site.

The new site will not have funny-captioned photos, and it will be less structured. In addition to an inspirational quote each week, I will post a feature photo (“This Week’s Photo”) and a paragraph or an essay (“This Week’s Words”) on whatever topic strikes my fancy (sometimes humorous, sometimes serious).

THE END: THANK you for following me, for all the “likes,” and for all the stimulating, engaging comments.  It has been a privilege to have been invited into your inboxes.  I took the responsibility seriously: I never missed a scheduled post in all the past seven years.  Here is the post that started it all on November 1, 2010:

Don’t Mess with Me Today!

And now, for those of you who like numbers, here are the final statistics:

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

§ 20 Responses to A Beginning and THE END

• Doris says:

John, Thanks for your many years of The Daily Graff. I so much enjoyed this every week. You made us laugh, think, and pause to reflect. Your dedication and consistent posting was truly an outstanding feat few could ever match! Looking forward to your new blog with humor, wisdom, editorials or whatever you decide to impart to all your followers. I am sure you will be successful again. Best always. D&B

• Thanks, Doris. Only Henrietta and Emily from my entire clan subscribed to the blog, and you and Butch were the only Russells who followed me.. Most of the Russells probably didn’t even know about my blog, but my siblings didn’t have that excuse. Your support and kind feedback meant a lot to me.

Teaching economics requires using many graphs. Your Graffs were more fun! Many thanks for all the fun you made for us.

• aFrankAngle says:

Congratulations on the successful run … and good job stringing us along to think you were finished … well done! See you at the new digs.

• Thanks, Frank! The caption of the 5/29 post and the title of the 5/31 post were deliberate hints that I was not completely disappearing. I’m EXCITED about the new format!

Will be there to see the new launch . Hope some of the words continue to play & pun. Looking forward to the photos – I’m picturing a great bog arriving soon. 🙂

• Love, love, loved your prior posts and blog, John. Thanks for so faithfully making us laugh. I am very glad to hear you’ll continue to blog, and I’m on my way over to sign up to keep in touch. Have a great month off! – Sheri

• Al says:

At least we only miss you for a month. Going to miss this blog though. I have enjoyed following you over the years. You have been a bright moment in my weeks, and a laugh on days when I haven’t wanted to laugh.

Thank you for entertaining us for seven years. It’s been a blast. o7 (a salute)

• renegade4god says:

Thanks for a great send-off. Looking forward to engaging commentary within your new blog.

• niasunset says:

This is one of the great blog, dear John. I can’t believe how time passed. It was always great enjoy to follow yours daily post. Yes, Something ends and another thing begins… I am not sad now because I know you will be on this blogging world with a new start. Thank you for this. You are amazing soul, creative and always smiling, you all made us our days with your smiling posts. Thank you for this too. Good Luck for your new start. Wherever you go I will follow you, you know this.

Blessing and Happiness,
    Love, nia

• Thanks for your kind words and for your faithful support. By visiting so many posts in the gallery, you broke an earlier record! WP sent me this notice: “On Friday June 2, 2017, you surpassed your previous record of most likes in one day for your posts on The Daily Graff.” You gave me the “most likes” record on the very last day of the blog!

You are currently reading A Beginning and THE END at The Daily Graff.